Subject: [Leica] Why Ted prefers the 15mm on the M over R...
From: Alex Brattell <alex@zetetic.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 02:08:25 +0000

>Subject: [Leica] Why Ted prefers the 15mm on the M over R...

It's the delay .....

With that depth of field and the ability to get that close, 15mm pictures
are completely rearranging themselves all the time - just tilt the camera a
bit and your whole world has changed! The M camera lets you see what you're
getting and grab it as you see it rather than as you anticipate it happening
when you're on the move.

I like my heliar a great deal but don't carry it day to day. The most fun
I've had with it was running around photographing frisbee action on a lovely
hot day (remember them?). When the composition was right I was about 3 feet
from the  running frisbee maniac so I had to dive in there. The Heliar takes
lovely (sometimes extremely weird) pictures and is sweat resistant.

Alex

                         alex@zetetic.co.uk
    http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~abrattell/