Subject: RE: [Leica] Noctilux v Sumilux 50 (was 35 ASPH...)
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 12:30:27 -0500

>>> If you want to take street scenes at night the f1.4 is the way to go.
It is
>>> almost up to noctilux low light potential, being wider but only 1 stop
>>> slower, but has less vignetting and is sharper.

>> [Austin] What vignetting?  I am also curious why you say it's sharper?
>> don't have a 50/1.4, but it would be hard to believe it's sharper...but
>> perhaps it is...

> Austin I was talking about the 35 summilux (see subject line in my post)
> and the note in the snipped part of my message above pointing out that it
> is wider. I did not mention a 50/1.4 once.

[Austin] I am sorry, my misunderstanding.  Thank you for clarifying that.

> The noctilux vignettes much more than the 35 aspherical
> The 35 aspherical is noticeably sharper.

[Austin] Guess I'll just have to get a 35 ASPH 1.4 and see for my self.  I
looked at Erwin's site, and I can't find any MTF figures for the 35, (if
you know where they are, please pass the info along) but I know people who
have a 35 ASPH have had nothing but good things to say about it, as well as
his (Erwin's) evaluation, which is resounding.