Subject: Re: [Leica] RACIST CRAP!
From: Jeff Spirer <jeffs@hyperreal.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 09:29:28 -0800

At 11:32 AM 2/27/00 -0500, Austin Franklin wrote:
>I would ask that if this is a topic that interests you, please PLEASE take
>it private, or at least elsewhere.  I do not believe it has any place on
>this list.

I disagree.  Racism is an evil in this society that must be identified and
stopped when it occurs.  No-one started a thread on racism - a racist
remark was made and a number of people noticed it.  If there hadn't been
that original statement, this would never have been a topic.  But sweeping
it under the carpet or pretending it didn't happen, or that it is a
"private" matter will only perpetuate it.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.hyperreal.org/~jeffs/gallery.html
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/
Axiom Records: http://www.hyperreal.org/axiom/