Subject: RE: [Leica] The Summicron
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 10:06:24 -0500

Since the 'lux opens up more than the 'cron, the 'lux is capable of far
less depth of field than the 'cron.  Flat depth of field means the DOF
doesn't extend much..it's almost flat, ie, inches.  At f1.0, the nose is in
focus, but the eyes aren't ;-)  Some very nice photographs can be made
taking advantage of this extremely flat depth of field, that no other lense
has (in the Leica line that is).