Subject: RE: [Leica] Agitation - especially for Mark Rabiner and Stephen Holloway!
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 21:35:00 -0500

Ever since I bought a film scanner I have become aware of unevenness in my
negs. They are more dense at the edges. It has to be to do with my
agitation, which is usually two (slowish) twist and rotate inversions per
30secs (these take around 8 seconds) after 30s continuous at the start.

[Austin] If you are doing inversion agitation (nothing wrong with it in my
book) I find banging the bottom of the tank on a hard table releases the
trapped air bubbles caused by the inversion...that's also why I have to use
metal tanks ;-)