Subject: [Leica] Re: Strap Length
From: "Les Bonser" <lbonser@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 18:01:59 -0800

Generally, I keep my strap as short as possible, like Doug indicated in his
original post. But...on a recent photographic journey through Arizona, I
tried juggling two cameras (M6 and a G2)--both with the same length strap.
Didn't work too well. I wish I'd have thought to have brought along a
slightly longer strap for one of them, like Paul suggests. But I'd already
trimmed both straps to be my "optimal" length.

By the second day, I ended up alternating the two cameras; M6 one day, G2
the next. Simplified the operation considerably, but I seemed to be
reloading a lot more often.

Oh, in case you're wondering...the camera that seemed to do best? I honestly
can't tell which pictures were taken with which camera. I tried to keep
track (put film from one camera in one pocket, film from the other camera in
the other pocket and then mark them later), but I lost track of a couple
rolls and can't remember which camera took those rolls. Can't tell from the
pictures themselves. In terms of picture quality *and* ease of use, I tended
to prefer the Minilux that I carried in the front pocket of my pants! Next
time, I'm tempted to take only one camera.

Les

> Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 09:02:44 -0800
> From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
> Subject: RE: [Leica] Strap Length
>
> If I'm carrying one camera, I wear the strap as short as possible (on the
M6