Subject: reply to[Leica] Gene Smith - Shadow & Substance
From: Evilboy <BernardDelgado@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 22:21:53 -0800 (PST)

Actually, I was just at PhotographersPlace Sat nite. Yes, its very NY, but I
have to say they were very nice & quick & another customer w/ an M4P & a
salesman & I got into a nice leica discussion.

I also picked up a copy of TheGreat Photogs of WWII for $15. Its put
together by a magnum editor.
Nice shot of a German photog's boot stuffed w/ a pistol & a curious double
Leica swinging off his hip. Some sort of bracket that held two leicas
baseplate to baseplate.
I was glad that I skipped Amazon.com & went by the shop.

Tragedy of the evening: got home & my old 50elmar black shade had fallen off
my blackLeicaIII. It was a thoughtful gift from a friend. Can anyone point
me to a replacement?
- -BernardDelGado
"Time is the Fire we Burn in"