Subject: RE: [Leica] primative people and photography
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 08:48:21 -0500

I lived for a good while in the Zuni Pueblo South of Gallup, New Mexico.
The Zuni are very conservative people and photography is generally not
tolerated-- if not forbidden-- in all but the most public of places.
However, as I became known around the community I was invited to photograph
most aspects of daily life, even Shalako, but not the most sacred activities
or icons.  This may be a shade of the anthropologist's "participant
observer" effect...or it may have simply been my acceptance among friends.

	Buzz Hausner