Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica vs. Contax wars
From: Colin Monteith <monteith1@sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:04:37 -0500

Just like human beings, a camera has to have a soul.  As julian mentions, how
can the constant whir of auto focus and winder on the G2 have any soul at all.
I bought one and it lasted a couple of months before I blew it out on eBay.
Put that Leica in your hands and its magical. While the image quality looked
quite good from the G2 and its Zeiss lenses, it was no match for that "Leica
look". Oh no, here goes another one of these debates about "the look".