Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Ebay -- fact or fiction!
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:21:34 EST

In a message dated 3/2/00 5:31:48 AM, jeremy.kime@bbc.co.uk writes:

>I've found it useful to search for items under non-obvious headings, e.g.
>'Wetzlar' excluding 'Leica' and 'Leitz', or try 'Lecia', a common spelling
>error, sometimes these things turn up...

The best buys seem to be on items that do not include a photo and/or include
poorly written descriptions. "User" items go pretty reasonably, too. A week
ago I let go what seemed like a really nice user M2 (with a CLA, upgraded PC
sockets and rapid load kit). It sold for $660. Actually, I've bought nearly
all my Leica gear on ebay and have gotten really good deals on everything.
Just don't bid  more than you want to pay and you can't get hurt. Sure you'll
miss a lot of items but given time and effort you'll find what you're looking
for.

Bob (Opps, sorry, you're right, there are no deals on ebay) McEowen