Subject: Re: [Leica] V35 height adjustm. & grain focuser
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 21:49:31 +0100

Dan,

I agree with you. The combination Delta 400 and Rodinal is one of the worst
ones I ever came across, the prints look real muddy. After testing the
combo, I never used it.

I sometimes use Rodinal with Delta 100 and I like the resulting sharp
grain, it gives a nice bite to the prints. However, for Delta 100, Xtol is
generally my favorite, but sometimes it is too smooth.

For HP5 I prefer Rodinal but I use this combination mainly for artificial
light. For natural (low) light I prefer Delta 400 in Xtol 1+1. (More or
less the same situation as above with Delta + Xtol giving smoother prints
than Rodinal and .....)

Really low light? Fuji 1600 shot at 3200 and developed in Xtol 1+1. Much
sharper and less grain than the two  _so-called_  3200s on the market. I
have not tried Fuji 1600 in Rodinal yet. Has somebody else out there?

I am pretty well settled down with the above, the only film I now need to
find a good developer for is Tech Pan (shot at at least 64 and giving
continous tones).

Chris