Subject: Re: [Leica] apo definitions
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 18:36:10 +0000

I have understood, from some perhaps mythological source in my past that
while lesser lenses such as Tamron use APO designation when one of their
lenses meets APO qualifications as some focal length and some F/stop and
some focusing distance.  With Leica lenses the APO designation means at
all focal lengths, apertures and focus distances.

I assume the APO becomes more important the larger the aperture (deep
DOF masks non-APO qualities??)

donal
Donal Philby
San Diego