Subject: Re: [Leica] C41 processing
From: Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 07:54:39 +0100

Hi Jiri,

I only started doing my own C41 after I bought my Jobo processor last year. Without
it I think it would be too difficult, since you really have to maintain the
temperature within 0.5C of the required 38C. I use the Tetenal chemicals. With these
and the Jobo, developing C41 is as easy as B&W.

Nathan

Jiri_Dvorak@idx.com wrote:

> Nathan (or anybody who does it),
>
> tell me more about the home C41 developing. I'm thinking about 'playing' with
> some color negative films again and as I'm used to doing my own B&W processing
> I'm a bit paranoid to give my negs to a mini lab. I did have it done a few years
> back, but there was a good and reasonably priced (and conveniently located) pro
> lab here in Seattle that is gone now and I'm hard pressed to find a replacement.
>
> What kit/chemicals are you using? Is temperature critical? Is this feasible in
> regular tanks or is a processor a must?
>
> As far as film goes, I used to have good results with Ektapress 400, but as
> Kodak says on their web site, it is to be replaced by Supra films. Somehow, I
> did not like Fuji's offerings but I might try the new Superia films, the ones
> with 4th layer like Reala.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jiri D.

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium and Zurich, Switzerland
e-mail: wajsman@webshuttle.ch
General photo page: http://members.tripod.com/belgiangator
Belgium photo page: http://members.xoom.com/wajsman