Subject: Re: [Leica] MEETING THE FRENCH LEICA LEADERS : DEBRIEF.
From: "dominique pellissier" <noct@club-internet.fr>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 14:13:38 +0100

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2000 10:20 PM

> At 7:56 pm +0100 2/3/00, V8PWR@aol.com wrote:
> >I met the French Leica representatives today at my local photo store .
The
> >CAMARA SHOP  of the French city of Bourges , in the center of France has
just
> >completed an arrangement with Leica France to be an Official Leica
supplier
> >in the area . So they came today with all M & R lines on show .
> >I could get a hand on everything , they even allowed me to take some
stuff
> >out  for a few hours to shoot a few rolls where I wanted to !
> >I looked at the 35 SUMMILUX ASPH  and found the shade locking mecanism
very
> >poorly designed , compared to the one of the SUMMICRON .
> >After looking at the 35 SUMMICRON ASPH , I decided to buy it , as the
shop
> >offered to buy back my New Elmar 50 , that I didn't use a lot since I
prefer
> >the 50 SUMMICRON ( 1986 ) .
> >I also bought the M lens Holder since they offered 15 % off on all Leica
> >bodies & lenses & accessories .
> >I also tried the TRI - ELMAR on my M6 . No problem about window selection
.
> >I asked them about the fact that on some M6 , the windows didn't switch
> >correctly , and they said they heard about the problem , without giving
more
> >details .
> >Well the French Leica representatives seem to be nice poeple . They
insisted
> >to take a nostalgic look at my 67 M4 and
> >opened quite big eyes at the look of all the old but in prefect condition
> >original boxes !
> >So any comments about the quality of the  35 'CRON ASPH at full aperture
are
> >welcomed, not that I want to start another 'CRON / LUX debate .
> >Jo GOODTIMES                              " YOU JUST LIVE ONE ( GOOD )
TIME "

> Salut, It is a good news.  If some Leica dealers are serious in their
> business in France, many would stop buying Leicas in the surrounding
> countries.  Alas, I have never seen a single R8 or M6TTL (new or used) in
> Strasbourg.  Please tell them to have a branch here!
>

> Mikiro
> Strasbourg, Europe
> http://arbos.silva.net

Salut Miriko,

In Nancy (120km W from Strasbourg ) i've seen a  R8  with a 28-70, a
M6 ttl alone without any M lenses. That's all for a city of 100,000
inhabitants with a distribution area of 1,000,000. 20 years ago there were 3
leica retailers. Today : one.
Near Strasbourg have you tried Photo-Passion ?( Pfaffenhoffen, 0388070423).
No shop but a phone/fax only... The man buys and sells with a huge spread.
In fact he buys in France used items and he solds them in Germany.