Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Leica Horror Stories
From: "Andrew Moore" <moore@rscs.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 12:44:17 -0500

This story isn't as exciting as some of them lately, but I guess I'll
add my horror story (stories) about the IIIf that my dad gave me
years ago.

I was at a party one summer near a swimming pool when I dropped
the camera off a table about 3 feet high.  Kept on working.  Didn't land
in the pool.  End of story.

Several years later, in college, I pulled some items out of a closet
in my dorm room, and I had forgotten that the IIIf was stored up
there.  On its way down (6 foot fall), it coinked me on my forehead
(it was very painful -- I think it even drew blood) and proceeded
down to the (hard!) floor with a bang.  Kept on working.

It still works.  Now Sherry has it for CLA, as the two highest shutter
speeds are slowly dying.

You don't know true horror until Sherry scolds you for the dents
that you put in your IIIf, especially when you innocently told her
that you thought the winder knob was just gummed up and needed
some grease.