Subject: Re: [Leica] Horror stories
From: "Doug Herr" <Dherr@energy.state.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 09:56:23 -0800

This isn't as dramatic as some of Tina's or Ted's adventures but it was a big deal to me.  I had changed lens heads from the 400mm f/6.8 Telyt to the 560, so the 400 head was laying on the floor of my van - I had forgotten it was there and when I opened the door from outside, it rolled out and fell to the ground.  The threads used to mount the lens head to the mount tube were dented; the lens head could not be attached to the mount tube.  Even 10 minutes without the use of my 400 is major trauma for me.

Thinking I had nothing to lose, I used some carefully placed and shaped blocks of pine wood, and a mallet, and pounded the threads back in to shape.  Luck was on my side, the threads became round again and it mounts perfectly on the mount tube.

Doug Herr
Sacramento