Subject: [Leica] Leica Horror Stories
From: Photovilla@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 16:33:00 EST

<<Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 08:08:45 -0800

From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>

Subject: RE: [Leica] Leica Horror Stories

I was visiting friends in Manchester, England.  We went to a pub for lunch.

I had my trusty M3 with 90 ELmarit and 35 'Cron.  The pub was busy, so we

had to wait.  We had a drink then went into the restaurant to do lunch.

Had lunch, when I noticed my camera bag was missing......PANIC!..... ran

back to the pub room, where my camera bag was sitting, untouched, with about

60 people drinking and having fun in the room.

Try that in NYC!

Frank>>

Glad you got your bag back Frank, but I think you underestimate the honesty
of the average New Yorker. (don't let those mail-order houses rule your
perception.)

My business partner once left his Fogg bag full of Leica M gear on the
SUBWAY!!! He got home -nearly in tears- and rode the subway all night in the
hope of discovering it. Probably about $6k worth of gear, not insured for one
penny.

He did not find it.

The next morning while he was passed out due to the exhustion of the night
before, an elderly man of Russian persuasion left a message saying he had
found the bag and would hand it over if my partner could identify the
contents.

The elderly man forgot to leave his phone number, but alas the miracle of *69
(last number redial) led to a cheerful re-union of my partner and his cameras
and a $250 reward to the gentleman who turned it in.

I always thought the reward should have been more!<gg>

later,
Rich
PVI in NYC