Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Horror Stories
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 10:46:01 -0500

Okay! Okay!

While I was out with a beautiful model, (she looked like Darryl Hannah, only
she had fiery red hair!)  we heard on the radio that a serial killer had
escape the County Prison unit.
Since the only large town was on the other side of the prison from where we
were shooting glamour shots with the blooming dogwood trees as backdrop: we
felt that he would not be coming our way.
He was a particularly nasty fellow that liked to throttle his victims and
then disembowel them with the hook he had on his right arm.
Well, we proceded to do about 30 or 35 rolls of Velvia, using my M3, and the
90mm Summicron-M- the later one with the built in hood, and the 135 Elmar as
well as a few with the Summicron 50 DR, when the light had started to fade-
it was about 2 pm. So with the light failing, we decided to go get a bit of
late lunch.
As we were pulling away, we were pulling away, we were startled by a
'thump', but figured that the car had gone over a rock or tree limb on the
ground, there in the woods.
Well, after lunch and taking the model back to her college dorm, you can
imagine my horror in finding a bloody hook hanging from the rear bumper
hitch of the car when I went to retrieve my camera gear....
Fortunately, the camera and all the lenses were safely nestled in their
Billingham 335 bag, in the trunk, and had not been harmed at all! Boy! Was I
ever relieved!

Dan, Wes Craven ought to use Leica Lenses, Post