Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Konica Hexar RF
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 11:30:57 -0500

Howard-

I remember 20 years ago, when courting my (present) wife, that my future
father-in-law wanted a camera that he could use effectively. Since he had a
touch of palsy, and his hands were not too steady, I loked around at the
Konica Auto-focus, one of the first AF cameras out, then.
My wife inherited it after he died about ten years ago, and it always
performed admirably, not just mechanically, but the Konica lenses were
impressive for what was basically a P&S.
From the looks, and the description, Konica seems to have pulled out all the
stops. I would really like to hear from anyone who actually have used the
lenses, and get their impressions.
The site includes MTF figures- which to me are very much like voodoo! They
look impressive, but I can't make heads nor tails out of them! (Erwin-
please! do they look any good from that perspective!?).
I know the Hexar is a relatively high end camera, and would love to hear any
stories about fit and finish, ease of use, and stuff like 'bokeh' from
anyone....
If you are afraid to let the LUG know that you are actually handling a
non-Leica product, you can send me private email!
Dan, Open to suggestions, Post