Subject: [Leica] m42, leica adapter
From: C Sikora <csikora@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 13:54:32 -0700 (MST)

Good day everyone,

I recently picked up a bellows unit for LTM cameras. Much to my surprise,
I found out that someone, a previous owner with some insight, had machined
an apater for this non-leitz unit to accept the lens head from a 135/4.5
Hektor.  As luck would have it, I happen to have just gotten in said lens.

As I do not have a visoflex for my IIIa and would like to try out this
combination, is there such an adapter to allow the 39mm Leica thread mount
business end of the bellows to be mounted onto my Pentax Spotmatic (M42
mount, of cource). I suppose I could have one machined, but I don't know
the exact threads-per-inch of either the leica or the M42 mount. Would
anyone have an adapter handy to allow mounting of Leica TM lenses on a
Pentax body?

Besides use of the 135 Hektor lens head, I would like to be able to use
some of those wonderful enlarging lenses for some macro work.

Thanks in advance.

Chris Sikora
Alberta, Canada