Subject: Re: [Leica] The Machiavellian LUG
From: Bill Laidley <laidley@direct.ca>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 08:27:00 -0800

I'd like to echo Tina's sentiments. The LUG provides me with an
opportunity to learn from some very skilled people. Like most other
discussion lists tempers tend to flare easily. I believe that this can
be attributed to the dis-intermediation (I've always wanted to use that
word...) provided by email. To wit - it is not a face to face
conversation. As a result we don't get the clues when our statements
start to get out of control, and the statements just keep on going
further and further.

A couple of suggestions...
As a reader when someone makes a statement that seems outrageous choose
to find it amusing as opposed to a call to battle.
As a writer responding to a message that makes your blood boil write the
response - and then delete it. Send your second response, which will
probably be more articulate and much more reasoned in tone.

- --
Bill Laidley
EDI and Electronic Commerce Consulting

Voice: (604) 434-8576