Subject: Re: [Leica] ?: flash coverage for 24 mm
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 12:56:52 -0800

Andrew Moore wrote:

> Does anyone know of a compact flash that will cover lenses
> as wide as 24 mm?
>
> --Andrew
> NO ARCHIVE

The diffuser that you put on most of them get's you to 68 degrees horizontally
which supposedly covers a 28.
This is the case on my Metz 20 BC 6  a beaut of a cheap compact beautiful Leica
M like flash which cost 40 bucks and takes AA batteries.
I use it with the 24 and it looks fine, maybe I dont' mind some fall off.
If you really want totally even coverage on a 24 you might have to get a medium
sized flash and I'd get one which could go bare bulb like that Sunpack.
I'd use my Norman and take the reflector off.
Mark Rabiner