Subject: Re: [Leica] dis-intermediation Comparative shredders!
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 18:01:48 -0500

I can do what I want with my negatives.  If I want to keep them forever,
throw them out, burn them, shove them up my a**, that's my business.   They
are mine, not yours or anyone elses.  Was it Brett Weston who destroyed the
bulk of his negatives before he died?  Good for him!

Dan C.

At 04:36 PM 07-03-00 -0500, austin@darkroom.com wrote:
>>>I've got pretty much every negative I've ever shot in 33.3 years, it's my
>>copyright and my body of work.
>>Holding on to and archiving ones negatives is the most basic precept in
my training.

>I completely agree, with ONE exception.  My girl friend (who is now my
wife ;-), wasn't 'all that happy' with all the pictures/negatives I had of
old 'girl friends' (thousands, mind you...of pictures/negatives, not girl
friends...), so out of 'courtesy, and understanding', I 'got rid' of all of
them.  Other than that, I still have every negative I ever shot since the
age of 12...and that's a LOT of negatives!  A REAL lot.

>I had a spat on the Hasselblad user's group once.  I was told I was 'being
stupid'.  That would be compliment around this news group ;-)