Subject: RE: [Leica] M6 It's a good camera. Good. But great? No. It?s true or not?
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:24:08 -0500

> At this page http://www.caliach.com/paulr/writing/jaccuseleica.html, Paul
> Ross a confirmed Leica user, accuse Leica.

> I want know, your opinion about that, it`s true or not, he said the only
> proper Leicas are the rangefinders, and the leica cameras are only myths.

"Myth 2" asserts "hardly" (superbly developed).  One of the undisputed BEST
photographic instruments in the world is the Hasselblad, and its
accompanying Zeiss optics.  The Hasselblad is today, based almost
completely on a design done in the 40's!  That's almost SIXTY years old.
 the current Hasselblad hardly deviates from the 500C, that came out in
1957.  Even the Biogon lense that was developed in the early 50's, has not
had ANY optical formula improvements since then.  It is claimed, even today
with all the computing power the world now has, to be 'perfect'.

So why is there a problem with something that is of a 40 year old design?
 Why is that not 'superbly developed".