Subject: [Leica] photgenic sites in SF bay area
From: "Gib Robinson" <robinson@sfsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 13:24:16 -0800

Jonathan Lee wrote:
> I'm on a business trip to Monterrey in April and would like some advice on
> photogenic sites for landscape style photgraphy in and around the Bay
area.
> In particular, I am unsure whether to head north along the coast towards
the
> Russian River or head south of Monterrey. I won't have time to do both.
> I'll be packing LF (Crown Graphic) as well as my M6 so I don't necessaily
> want to move too far from the road.Any input would be appreciated.

Jonathan,

Since you're in Monterey, if you want coastal photos you might head south
for a bit to Carmel and the Big Sur coast with a stop at Point Lobos (a few
miles south of Carmel), one of Weston's favorite spots. That's all open
country with lovely vistas. But the SF Bay Area is so wonderfully varied
area, much depends on what sort of photos you want to take. Personally, I
love the conbination of sea and city in and around San Francisco. I like
photographing the city in the early morning on Sundays or traveling just
across the Golden Gate Bridge to look back at the city from Marin or up the
coast toward Pt Reyes from the hills of the Marin Headlands. Pt Reyes is
another wonderful spot for photos. Take your pick.

- --Gib