Subject: Re: [Leica] Bitter pill
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2000 06:29:11 +0000

Friends

For the past few days, it pained me to read all the tossing around that
Mike had to undergo. Did people really have to push him into a corner until
he had to "spill it all out"?

I do not know Mike personally but got to know him as Ed of PT after he
first invited LUGgers to contribute pics to be published in a special
article on the Noctilux. I remember that pictures sent by Tina and myself
(including some others as well) were accepted for publication. In addition
to some complimentary issues, we were paid a token amount for our
contribution. The amount was not important but it goes to show me that Mike
is a decent man who stood by his word. Anybody could just conveniently
"forget about that guy living in a remote corner of the Far East."

I am further impressed by his character when I read his account of how a
man had reaped what he sowed. Far too many people are running away from
responsibilities and accountabilities, often passing the buck and putting
the blame on circumstances, situations and society at large. Equally of
concern are the number of unborn babies terminated each day. Indeed, while
the womb is intended by nature to nurther and protect the baby, it has now
become the most dangerous place for any unborn baby to live in.

Mike had used the M6 before. I like to read PT and especially his one page
articles - the 37th Frame. I learned a lot from snippets of information
found in his articles. He is also a man of responsible character which, in
my mind, rates highly in what I would like to see in my own circle of
friends.  I see no reason at all to question whether he belongs to this
group.

Dan K.