Subject: Re: [Leica] Voigtlander Prominent
From: "Timothy A. Swan" <timswan@blazenetme.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 20:26:48 -0500

Marc,

Fact is, those Cosina-made Voigtlander lenses outperform their Zeiss-made
namesakes (and most Leica lenses until 5-10 years ago) in every way except,
perhaps, construction. Just as modern Leica lenses outperform their
namesakes from 40 years before. We can argue about "glow", or bokeh or a
bunch of other subjective lens measurements, but for objective things like
sharpness, contrast, and color the Cosina lenses are extremely fine tools.

Tim
- --