Subject: [Leica] Cable for TTL Connection, Nikon SC-17
From: "Dennis_Thong" <denthong@singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 00:44:53 +0800

The model is Nikon SC-17 TTL cord. It's a coiled cable that can be
stretched to about 1.5m long, very useful as u can even place the flash in
your pocket and get the pictures.
The TTL pins configuration from Nikon is the
same as that of Leica, hence, I think it is 100 percent suitable. It's made
of very good material too. The price when I bought it 3 years back was about
US$40.

At the end of this cable where you slot in your TTL flash, that particular
hot shoe has screw thread that enable you to mount it on tripod ! Very
clever design.

One point to add regarding the Leica SF 20 TTL flash, I felt it is not well
designed.
My dislikes are:    1) The batteries are not easily obtainable,
                            2) flash head cannot title nor bounce,
                            3) not powerful due to small guide number & size
!!!
With all these disadvantages, I think it not very suitable for many critical
work.

I think the Metz 32 MZ-2 or MZ 3 will make a better choice. Please give me
some feedback.

From Singapore, SLUG,
Dennis Thong.