Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica winder w handgrip
From: "Julian Thomas" <mimesis@btinternet.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 11:10:38 -0000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Appleby and Susan Darlow" <laintal@tin.it>
To: <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2000 9:30 AM
Subject: [Leica] Leica winder w handgrip

> A nice quiet M winder with built-in handgrip along the lines of the R
> winder - that would be nice. I like the look of the Rapidwinder, but am
> held back by two considerations: use with a flash bracket is out, and no
> handgrip.

I'd seen the Rapidwinder on the web, and read Steven Gandy's comments.
Having now played with Tom A's cameras which all had winders I think it is
superb. it's a lot smaller than appears to be in webphotos. I found using
the 3rd and 4th fingers (pianist's fingering!) on the winder with thumb and
forfinger for focusing worked great. I tried this with 75mm 35mm 21mm 15mm
lenses and it was great. I want one! The camera feels really solidly
supported and you never need to take the M away from your eye.

Julian