Subject: [Leica] Re: Me & My M was: Leica in Vietnam
From: BOB KRAMER <BobKramer@COOPERCARRY.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 10:05:53 -0500

Oh no, you've got it all wrong there Dan.  I'm not as old as my M3... my M3
is as *young* as I am!  ;-)  Judging by the serial number (800XXX), me and
my M could have been born in the same month, maybe the same day!  My
visualization is of a craftsman in Wetzlar giving a final tap to my camera
with a wooden mallet while at the same time a doctor slaps me on the butt as
we are both set in motion in early 1955.

Since I bought my camera in Durham, North Carolina, my guess is that it was
bought new by some doctor at Duke Medical Center and was handled with the
utmost of care and respect for 25 years.  It *used* to be in really good
condition... I have always been too rough on my toys.

Bob Kramer
Atlanta, GA