Subject: Re: [Leica] David Allen Harvey's flash, lens use, etc.
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:44:23 -0700

I use sheets of gel (81A), from a stage lighting store, taped to my little
Vivitar 2600 and my Sunpack 120J. It warms things up a little and gets rid
of the UV blues in white coloured articles. Anything you want or imagine is
available and very inexpensive as well. I doubt* Harvey used the little
Vivitar plastic insert as they are too easy to lose. For Cuba he used Velvia
which tends to give a rather warm flesh tones to start with (Caucasians go a
blotchy red, yuck).

John Collier

*personal opinion of course, not substantiated by voluminous correspondence.