Subject: Re: [Leica] HP PhotoScan & Macintosh Computer
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 18:05:48 -0600

once upon a time John Brownlow wrote:

>> Can an HP PhotoScan with SCSI interface be used with a Macintosh
>> computer? If so, how? Where to get the proper drivers, etc.?
>>
>> (( The scanner has been in use on both PC/Windoze and Unix systems
>> and I want to migrate it to a new Mac. G4.))
>>
>> Thank you for putting up with this off-topic post.
>
> First off you need to get a SCSI card for the G4 to use it (I have one).
> Second up, if there are mac drivers available they'll be on the HP website.

Richard,

Be sure you get the ADEPTEC SCSI card.  DO NOT GET THE ORANGE MICRO ONE!!!!

I got the Orange Micro one for my B&W G3 350 first and it would give me all
sorts of weird problems.  Finally broke down and bought the Adeptec card and
all was well.

Don't know if you would have the same problems on the G4 as they are newer.

Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net