Subject: Re: [Leica] opinion on film scanner
From: omegaman <omegaman@shentel.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 19:56:52 -0500

Daniel McClenaghan wrote:

> >I was hoping to get some personal recommendations on a film scanner for

I have the HP Photosmart S20.  It does a good job but is slow.  Resolution is 2400
dpi.  It may be the best deal for the money at just under $500.  It will also scan
5x7" prints.  I had some luck placing a 4x5 negative on a plain white piece of
photo paper and sending it through with the S20 set for a print.  Once into your
computer it can be converted to a positive image.
Randolph Carlisle