Subject: [Leica] Answ.to John Shick Apple theory survey!
From: jacques leonard <email@videotron.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 13:36:31 -0500

"To test my theory how many of you use Apple computers? This is an informal and
frivolous survey, but well--.  I am betting 30-40% or more of us use Apple
computers.
John Shick"

Hi John,
You are probably right about your Apple theory and the Leica users.

My answer is almost similar to Mike Johnston answer.
Two at home (6100AV PowerMac and a brand new G4) and three at work.

There are probably many similarities between Leica users and Mac users...

I always remembered the first time I enquired about Leicas in a camera
store when I was a university student (the salesman could obviously see I
could not afford it at the time-that is 30 years ago BTW!).
He told me "You are an art student?". I said "yes, how do you know?". He
answered "those studying photography enquire about Nikons not Leicas"!

The point? Less users but probably more dedicated to arts and of course
ready to spend a little more on fine equipment even if it takes more years
raising the money to fill their dream!

Cheers,

Jacques Leonard
j.leonarddesigner@videotron.ca
web site at:
www.jlda-design.com

PS: I am still amazed by the fine monitor I bought with my G4! It's a
"LaCie electron 19 blue". Not being an Apple monitor would this compare to
putting a non-Leica lens on my Leica cameras? :)