Subject: [Leica] Opinion on HP Scanner
From: "Les Bonser" <lbonser@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 12:53:14 -0800

I've followed the various threads over the last couple days on scanners.

I bought a refurbished HP PhotoSmart Scanner cheap a couple months ago and
so far, I'm basically happy with it. The newer (I think) S-20 scanner might
be better--I haven't looked at the comparative specs.

But...I am only scanning my negatives and slides for presentation on my web
page, so 2400 dpi is fine for me for now. In the future, I'll probably
upgrade to something else.

The basic problem I have is that it can only accept one slide at a time.
It's slow, but I scan leisurely while watching TV.

Les

Check out my web site at http://home.att.net/~lbonser
Home of the PhotoDog!