Subject: Re: [Leica] Opinion on light meter
From: Kip Babington <cbabing3@swbell.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 16:19:35 -0600

If you meter most of your shots, I'd second the recommendation of an MR4.
It's always there, aims nicely (all M2s have the frame preview lever, don't
they?) and gives direct readout of the f/stop for the shutter speed
selected.  OTOH, if you tend to meter a place and then shoot for a while,
and like the trim lines of an M camera without a hump on its back (so to
speak) I heartily recommend a look at the Gossen Luna Pro Digital.  Only
fractionally bigger than the L308, incident and reflected, still shirt
pocket slim, runs on 1 AA cell and to me has a much nicer user interface.  I
sold my 308 within a week of getting the Gossen.  You can get it with or
without flash capability.  Until this Gossen, I preferred the analog dial
type meter like your Weston, a Luna Pro SBC or (my favorite compact) the
Quantum CalcuLight. But this Gossen Digital is changing my mind.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Kip