Subject: Re: [Leica] opinion on film scanner
From: Harrison Mcclary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:36:46 -0600

>>> Try VueScan (http://www.hamrick.com/). It's a shareware that allows to do
>>> several passes with the DualScan. Most noise is removed.
>>
>> Isn't this PC only? I'll check it out, though.
>
> My mistake. It now has a mac version (hooray!!). Downloading now.

I just downloaded it also.  I find that on the Sprint Scan 35 that it gives
much better scans than the Polaroid software.  MUCH less noise in the black
areas of the slides.  I am scanning Velvia slides and on the ones with a lot
of blacks they did not look too good-lots of streaks in the black areas.
Now they look much better...almost no streaks.

One thing though is it possible to preview the scan or do you just have to
scan it then look at it in photoshop?
- --
Harrison McClary
http://www.mcclary.net