Subject: [Leica] Leica Lenses and Filters
From: Jay Kumarasamy <jayk@cisco.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:55:24 -0800 (PST)

LUG Folks,

I have Leitz filters for my 'M' Elmar 50/2.8 and 'Screw Mount' Summicron.
The outside diameter of these filters is slightly smaller than lens barrel
diameter.  Because of this I can't use Leica lens caps when I have the filter
on.(One argument is, why a lens cap, when the filter is there.  I like
to protect the filter too). The flange of the lens caps is not wide enough
to go over the filters and slide over the lens barrel.  This is annoying.

Any of you folks noticed this,  and annoyed by it.

However, my Summitar filters flushes so nicely on the Summitar lens.  Perfectly
machined piece.  Such pleasure to screw it in !.

- - Jay