Subject: [Leica] OT Help with MF decision please
From: "Boreham" <boreham@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 06:33:35 -0000

I know these what-should-I-buy decisions can only be made by one person, but
the input of older and wiser heads can definitely help. My dilemma is what
MF equipment to run alongside my Leica M6 oufit which is one M6+six lenses
15mm to 135 mm.
I have left my day job, with a good pension, and want to expand photography
to at least pay for itself, doing weddings, social, concert and stage,
schools, and any niches I can find (eg quilting, wedding cakes). All of
which I have done some of already, using my Leica outfit, Mamiya 6 and EOS
outfits.
Reason for changes include the need for back up MF body, ability to do head
portraits in MF, wider angle ability in MF, don't like square format,
attracted to autofocus in MF.
Any advice really welcome. I'm prepared to ditch the EOS and Mamiya outfits
but not the Leica.
So What MF gear do you use and why?
Thanks
Mike