Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Lenses and Filters
From: kwilcox@mail.davison.k12.mi.us (Ken Wilcox)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 07:13:30 -0400

Jay:

I've noticed this also. My solution with the Summicron was to find a deeper
Leica cap that extends past the filter. There are not all that rare at swap
meets.

Ken Wilcox

At 9:55 PM -0800 3/12/0, Jay Kumarasamy wrote:
>LUG Folks,
>
>I have Leitz filters for my 'M' Elmar 50/2.8 and 'Screw Mount' Summicron.
>The outside diameter of these filters is slightly smaller than lens barrel
>diameter.  Because of this I can't use Leica lens caps when I have the filter
>on.(One argument is, why a lens cap, when the filter is there.  I like
>to protect the filter too). The flange of the lens caps is not wide enough
>to go over the filters and slide over the lens barrel.  This is annoying.
>
>Any of you folks noticed this,  and annoyed by it.
>
>However, my Summitar filters flushes so nicely on the Summitar lens.
>Perfectly
>machined piece.  Such pleasure to screw it in !.
>
>- Jay

DO NOT use the reply fuction! Address any response to wilcox@tir.com

- ----
Ken Wilcox                        Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits

				      preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>
						   <kwilcox@gfn.org>