Subject: RE: [Leica] pointless debate about speaker cable
From: Pete Su <psu_13@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 06:42:53 -0800 (PST)

> "...I'll say this: I swear by my Tamron 28-200 zoom lens and find it
> hard to believe that any photograph needs a better lens than that. I
> think the whole $3000 lens thing is just proof positive that if you
> price something high enough, people will buy it."

This analogy does not hold up because you can buy an $80 lens that is
much better than the Tamron 28-200 in every way. Actually, for $80 you
can buy a better lens with a point and shoot camera behind it that will
take better pictures whatever the Tamron is attached to, if you know
what you are doing.

And, I personally *do* find it hard to believe the prices people can
charge for some lenses.

Pete