Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Lenses and Filters
From: Jay Kumarasamy <jayk@cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 10:17:43 -0800 (PST)

Marc,

> The Summitar lens cap fits perfectly over an E39 filter.
>
> Marc

The diameter of the Summitar and the screw mount summicron are the same. The
E39 filter that goes on The screw mount summicron AND the M mount Elmar 50/2.8,
is slightly smaller. So I fail to see how the summitar cap will fit on a lens
that has the E39 filter.

Now, how can I tell if its a summitar lens cap ??.  The summicron lens cap
I have says summicron on the back.  I know the 'older' caps - (maybe summitar)
has narrower flange.  The latter black anodized aluminum caps and the satin
chrome caps have wider flange, and they fit on M Elmar/SM summicron with the E39
filter, but the hold is not tight.

- - Jay