Subject: Re: [Leica] WAS: audio/computer/etc now BULLS....!
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 21:45:57 -0800

Michael Gardner wrote:
> You have a way with words Ted!    BTW, I recently scored a nice
> mint copy of "Men of the Saddle".
> Loved those pictures!>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Mike,

Glad you found a copy of "Men of the Saddle."   Maybe some day I can
sign it for you.  Like the Osler medical book, the cowboy book was all
shot with Leica gear. The only difference between the two ?  I had to
try and ride a horse and take pictures at the same time. :)  And was
that ever a pain in the a......s!  :):)

And the smart ass horse knew it had a city slicker mounted and never
paid any attention to me when I wanted it to stop or go. The first day
we were out on the round - up it kept going between trees just big
enough for it and not my legs, so by the time the day was over my knees
were black and blue with skin scuffed off under the jeans from banging
on  trees.

The next day I carried my gear and ran along with the cowboys mounted on
horse back, much easier. But I gotta tell you I was one tired photog by
bed time.  yep and I had no problem sleeping that night!!  :)

Let me know if we can get a book signing organized for you.

ted