Subject: Re: [Leica] My First M3!
From: "Roland Smith" <roland@dnai.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 20:16:52 -0800

Hello Doug:

After years of using LTMs from my original acquisition of a IIIg to my use
of IIIc and two IIIfs, I purchased a M3, 1998.  I, now, can't believe how I
held out so long.   Actually, at the time, 1957, that I bought my IIIg new,
friends wondered why I didn't select an M3.

Accept for the rangefinder more to my liking with the LTMs, I find the M3s
and the M4-2 easier to use.   I am using LTM lenses as well as M lenses.

For adapters, Stephen Gandy can provide a set of the three types for $100
plus shipping and California sales tax if you are a resident.   I find they
word as well and the ones manufactured by Leitz and selling used for at
least twice as much.  LeicaNikon@Earthlink.net

I find the M3 so much better to travel with.   The smooth quiet shutter
beats the SLR systems that I have tried and I can hand hold slower shutter
speeds.

Roland Smith
roland@dnai.com