Subject: Re: [Leica] Elcan is now known as Elcan
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 08:24:27 -0700

All the winders (M4-2, M4-P and M) were made in Canada. They have been out
of production and discontinued for sometime and any new ones around are NOS.
Leica Canada (Kindermann) regularly gets requests from Leica Germany for
winders as they seem to be rather thick on the ground in Canada. It would
not surprise me if your Winder M was sitting on a dealer's shelf here in
Canada until Werner tracked it down for Leica USA which then passed it on to
your dealer.

John Collier