Subject: [Leica] Re: When Good Lenses Go Bad
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:56:38 -0500

I live in Michigan where the weather is just about anything depending on
the season. I both cases the rear element developed a fog or some sort. I
sent the first one to Sherry and she said it was beyond economical repair
because it would have to be sent back to Germany for replacement of the
rear element. As I recall she said that it was "press fit" and had to be
factory replaced. When the second one fogged, I put it on the shelf and
there it sits today.

In both cases I used the lenses for a couple of years before the problem
developed.

Ken Wilcox

- ----
					  preferred---> <wilcox@tir.com>