Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: When Good Lenses Go Bad
From: Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 16:07:55 -0800

>At 1:01 -0700 3/15/0, a fine scholar, John Collier wrote:
>
>>Could you elaborate further on this Ken. In what way did the lenses go bad?
>>Were there any physical manifestations with the optical problems? Do you
>>live in a moist/dry/?? climate? I am interested because I have this lens.
>>
>>Thanks
>>
>>John Collier

lugfolk,

are we talking about the current tele-elmarit 90, or one of the previous
versions (i believe stendhal wrote about both of these earlier 90s in his
novel 'the thin and the fat')? i inquire with trepidation as i am
considering the current t-e 90 as my next lens, having abandoned hope that
the apo asph summicron 90 will be produced in chrome in our lifetime...

guy

p.s. i also recall that certain luggers - m rabiner foremost among them -
are die-hard t-e 90 users. any one else out there with more than parental
feelings for this lens?