Subject: [Leica] First Lens - Ready to Take Plunge
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 08:34:04 +0800

Dear Jeff,
I would suggest the 35/2 summicron ASPH if you have the money or pre ASPH
if the budget is tight. Why? Size and picture quality, especially the ASPH.
Then for a 50 the 1.5 Cosina/ Voigtlander Nokton - see Erwin Puts review -
it is better than the 50mm summilux by "a bit" and much cheaper and
lighter. Final comment - these will only be your first Leica lenses - not
your last! :)
Cheers
Howard Cummer