Subject: [Leica] Re: My First Leica and Other Stuff
From: "Jim Bielecki" <bieleckj@freeway.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:01:57 -0500

> I spoke with a dealer friend who assured me that 'normal' 50/0.95 Canon
> lenses don't have a 39mm thread available but remarked that there were
39mm
> versions made for surveillance and/or cine cameras. He also believed that
> these were some of these were marketed as Bell and Howell lenses and some,
> if not all (and it doesn't seem like all) had the r/f coupling removed.
>
> Jem

The Canon 50mm F0.95 cine or TV lens was basically identical to the non-TV
version and was fitted with the Canon 7 bayonet mount.  This was the special
bayonet mount that was located outboard of the standard 39mm Leica thread
mount on the 7 and 7S cameras.  The 0.95 cine lenses were also all equipped
with a removable "C" mount adapters which would allow these lenses to be
used on movie and TV cameras.  The 0.95 TV lenses, though, were not equipped
with a rangefinder cams, so while they could be mounted on a 7 or 7S camera,
sans the "C" mount adapter, they wouldn't couple to the rangefinder.  None
of the 0.95 lenses, to my knowledge, were produced with the standard 39mm
LTM.

Jim Bielecki