Subject: Re: [Leica] 4'33" (was: concert shooting)
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:14:31 -0500

How about a poetry recital, where no words are spoken?    Hey, I think I'm
on to something!

Seriously though, I once went to see an art exhibit which consisted of 6
large SONY trinitrons, facing inwards in a circle such that the screens
were not visible whatsoever from the outside.  Supposedly a video was being
displayed which depicted the artist creating a film of "all of the orifaces
(sp?) of the female human body".  This film was not actually developed,
however (of course not!).  Instead, the exposed but undeveloped film was
taken out of the camera, and covered with about 30 coats of paint.  The
video depicted (apparently, remember that the screens were not visible!)
the painting of the film (not the photographing of the model!).

Dan C.